How much does the retreat cost?
Tuition of $325 includes all retreat events, including the opening night party and Sunday farewell brunch, but not lodging or meals.
Inspiration Alcona's partner in this retreat, Springfed Arts, offers a $25 net discount ($50 to enroll in Springfed Arts, $75 off this retreat) for signing up as a member of that group. Springfed.org
What about lodging and dining?
The most convenient place to stay is at the Lost Lake Woods Club Lodge, where all retreat events will be held. Part of the joy of this retreat is time to talk with other writers, which is easier if you're in the lodge.
• Private-room package at the Lost Lake lodge with private bath ($550) and shared-room package at the Lost Lake lodge with private bath ($470) are SOLD OUT.
• Private-room package at the Lost Lake lodge with communal bath down the hall: All retreat events, three nights private lodging, breakfast and lunch Friday and Saturday, as well as the opening night party and Sunday brunch. $485
• Shared-room package at the Lost Lake lodge with communal bath down the hall: All retreat events, three nights shared lodging with another participant you name, breakfast and lunch Friday and Saturday, and the opening night party and Sunday brunch. $435
• Camping with full hook-ups at the Lost Lake campground, just under a half-mile from the lodge: All retreat events, three nights camping, breakfast and lunch Friday and Saturday, and the opening party and Sunday brunch. $470
• Tent camping at the Lost Lake campground, just under a half-mile from the lodge: All retreat events, three nights tent camping (shower, restrooms and laundry on site), breakfast and lunch Friday and Saturday, and the opening party and Sunday brunch. $435
These packages offer savings from buying meals and accommodations separately, but you may do so if you like.
Campers can rent space at Lost Lake Woods Club (a few hundred yards from the lodge), Harrisville State Park on the Lake Huron shore (30 minutes away) or Alcona Park in the western part of Alcona County (45 minutes away).
The Lost Lake Woods Club restaurant, the Five Lakes Grill, will be open for all meals during the retreat, but dinner is not included in any package because we hope that participants will go out to see a bit more of Alcona County while they are at the retreat. Restaurant recommendations are available.
How do I pay?
Tuition is due at the time of enrollment, as are payments for the lodging options. Through this website, you may choose one of two methods of tuition payment, by check or through PayPal. If you prefer to use a credit card directly, instead of through PayPal, you may pay that way through the Springfed Arts website, www.Springfed.org.
Paying by check: Choose one of the enrollment options. Then write the name of the option, your name and address, your phone and your email on a piece of paper, write a check to Inspiration Alcona for the appropriate amount and pop the paper and the check in the mail to Inspiration Alcona, PO Box 506, Lincoln, MI 48742.
Paying through PayPal: If you'd like to use Paypal or charge with a credit card through PayPal, select the appropriate option from the drop-down menu below and click the Buy Now button to pay.
What happens next?
Soon after you’ve enrolled, you’ll get an email confirmation. (If it’s more convenient for you, we’ll send things by U.S. mail.) A few weeks before the retreat, you'll get maps and directions, as well as other details.
Thanks for signing up. We look forward to seeing you in October.
If you have questions about the Lost Lake Writers Retreat, now or later, send an email to info@InspirationAlcona.org or call 989-736-3000.
The rest of the details
The Retreat Venue2018 Lost Lake Writers RetreatWriting Events Home PageWebsite Home Page
If the retreat fills beyond its maximum, we’ll maintain a waiting list, but in the meantime we’ll return your check or refund your PayPal payment.
If you cancel but we are able to fill your place, we'll send a full refund less a $25 cancellation fee. If you must cancel for reasons of illness, we'll do the same whether we fill your place or not. If you cancel for other reasons more than a month before the retreat, we will send a 50 percent refund. If you cancel for other reasons less than a month before the retreat, we will send no refund, but we will apply your payment to a future retreat.