How much does the retreat cost?
The 2018 tuition of $225 includes all retreat events, including the opening night party and Sunday farewell cookout, but not lodging or meals. T-shirts are available for purchase this year. You may enroll through PayPal or use a credit card on this page, or mail a check. See below for full instructions.
What about lodging and dining?
The most convenient place to stay is at the Lost Lake Woods Club Lodge, where all retreat events will be held. But there is no requirement to stay there; even if you do not stay at the lodge, you may buy meals there.
Call the lodge at 1-989-736-8197 to make arrangements. You'll need to mention that you are with the Alcona Arts Retreat; the lodge is open only to Lost Lake Woods Club members and those, like you, attending special events.
Unlike tuition, these lodging packages need not be paid for until you check out. Prices for room and board at Lost Lake Woods Club are listed below:
• Private-room package at the Lost Lake lodge with private bath, $240: Three nights private lodging (Thursday through Saturday), breakfast and lunch each day Friday through Sunday, as well as the opening and closing parties.
• Shared-room package at the Lost Lake lodge with private bath, $160: Three nights shared lodging with another participant you name, breakfast and lunch for both Friday through Sunday, and the opening and closing parties.
• Private-room package at the Lost Lake lodge with communal bath down the hall, $175: Three nights private lodging, breakfast and lunch each day Friday through Sunday, as well as the opening and closing parties.
• Shared-room package at the Lost Lake lodge with communal bath down the hall, $125: Three nights shared lodging with another participant you name, breakfast and lunch for both Friday through Sunday, and the opening and closing parties.
• Camping with full hook-ups, $160: At the Lost Lake campground, just under a half-mile from the lodge: Three nights camping, breakfast and lunch for both Friday through Sunday, and the opening and closing parties.
• Tent camping, $125: At the Lost Lake campground, just under a half-mile from the lodge: Three nights tent camping (shower, restrooms and laundry on site), breakfast and lunch for both Friday through Sunday, and the opening and closing parties.
These packages offer savings from buying meals and accommodations separately, but you may do so if you like.
Campers can rent space at Lost Lake Woods Club (on site; see above), Harrisville State Park on the Lake Huron shore (30 minutes away) or Alcona Park in the western part of Alcona County (45 minutes away).
The Lost Lake Woods Club restaurant, the Five Lakes Grill, will be open for all meals during the retreat, but dinner is not included in any package because we hope that participants will go out to see a bit more of Alcona County while they are at the retreat. Restaurant recommendations are available, whether you stay at Lost Lake or not.
How do I pay?
Tuition is due at the time of enrollment. Through this website, you may choose one of two methods of tuition payment, by check or through PayPal. Tuition remains at $225 for 2018, but there is no early bird special this year.
Paying by check: Choose one of the class options. Then write the name of the option, your name and address, your phone and your email on a piece of paper, write a check to Inspiration Alcona for the appropriate amount and pop the paper and the check in the mail to Inspiration Alcona, PO Box 506, Lincoln, MI 48742.
Paying through PayPal: If you'd like to use Paypal or charge with a credit card through PayPal, select the appropriate option from the drop-down menu below and click the Buy Now button to pay.
What happens next?
Soon after you’ve enrolled, you’ll get an email confirmation. (If it’s more convenient for you, we’ll send things by U.S. mail.) A few weeks before the retreat, you'll get maps and directions, as well as other details.
Thanks for signing up. We look forward to seeing you in September.
If you have questions about the Lost Lake Writers Retreat, now or later, send an email to info@InspirationAlcona.org or call 989-736-3000.
The rest of the details
The Retreat Venue2018 Alcona Art RetreatVisual Arts Events Home PageWebsite Home Page
If the retreat fills beyond its maximum, we’ll maintain a waiting list, but in the meantime we’ll return your check or refund your PayPal payment.
If you cancel but we are able to fill your place, we'll send a full refund less a $25 cancellation fee. If you must cancel for reasons of illness, we'll do the same whether we fill your place or not. If you cancel for other reasons more than a month before the retreat, we will send a 50 percent refund. If you cancel for other reasons less than a month before the retreat, we will send no refund, but we will apply your payment to a future retreat.